Friday, April 30, 2010

A Father's Role

Out of nowhere you say hello,
And expect me to converse it back.
I feel lost and told your job is to keep my life on track.
Your there for me,
Yet only when a punishment is needed.
Like a king of his castle, on the thrown you are seated.
I seek some sign that you see me as a human being.
I need a man of an example.
It's too late though,
So don't worry about me or my beliefs.
Just don't try to pry in my life and see how I do things.
You say sorry that my childhood was neglected,
But that is only a phrase to get a foothold on my weak spot and control me.
I say no. Stay back as before and lead the followers.
I owned no nights of catch,
and I express it solemnly.
My eyes did not taste the lights of a stadium.
You say in a tone do your work or there will be regret,
But how does that help me in the real world.
Left in the middle of the ocean without a compass.
Do not try to teach me to use your faulty one now.
I use the stars for they never fail.
I learned these choppy waters.
Knowing where to go and where to stay from.
Money is not the solution to all,
Despite of how you feel.
That love you have for Mr. Benjamin is created and not real.
I'd rather love a sweet young woman,
And when I grow old she will still be there for me.
Not like that green between a you and a real relationship.
I said I need a man of an example someone other than you,
But I can use you as an example of what not to do.
And for that I'm thankful and deeply grieved,
That you couldn't express it to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment